Thursday, April 16, 2015

Industrial bar earring haul


moooon


I've always complained that there aren't enough styles for industrial bars. Designs for bars have been pretty tacky too... like the "I [heart] zombies" or whatever


Also showcasing my new earrings here (rock crystal, gold, macrame--yknow for the 70s revival stuff we have to like now). The  industrial bar has a little tree on it (I love trees). I actually wanted the red rhinestones, but whatever, they sent me the wrong one. I like this primitive hedge witch look going on. Ugh stupid rhinestones. I may just pop them off. 


I love this Aztec-looking disk with the fake opal. goes nicely with my moonstone stuff...though my moonstone stuff is kind of vintage/art nouveau/craft-style and this vaguely ethnic disk doesn't really match the aesthetic, but whatever...still cool.

By the way, I should mention, while the ornaments on the bar itself are movable and removable, you should really wear these in healed piercings only. Sometimes the ornaments press against your ear bumps, and I couldn't imagine how painful that would be in an unhealed piercing. Also these are not internally threaded and are not surgical steel.


Finally a rose gold piece industrial bar! the two earrings i'm wearing are rose gold...not sure why they're looking yellow here. Also the hair clips/chain are rose gold colored. 

So, these rhinestones are tacky as hell, but by the time of this post I've popped most of them off. Seriously....I HAVE NO IDEA why these jewelry designers insist on gluing on these stupid rhinestones. It just instantly cheapens it. 


A gold filigree industrial bar for my fancy gold things. You can see my ear is red from all that earring changing.


And finally a key industrial bar, because I'm a 12-year-old girl apparently? lol I'm not sure why I got this one. Maybe I'm a pretty princess sometimes.



All ear jewelry from Body Artforms (except for the blade earrings in the first one, which I bought at Brooklyn Night Bazaar)
Both hair clips from Luv Aj

17 comments:

  1. I love these combinations!! my favorite one was the first one and the key one, looks very fantasy like. with a few ear piercings you can create such nice jewelry combinations :) makes me want to get pierced again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) haha and I'm the same way...I stare at enough piercing photos, it makes me want to get something done.

      Delete
  2. Hahh, apparently, the key is my favorite because it reminds me the Key of Space and Time from Sailor Moon...:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol seems the key one is a hit! haha and i see what you mean about sailor moon

      Delete
  3. I love the key one! This makes me sad that my body rejected my industrial piercing :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sucks. My own industrial was kind of a nightmare...I don't know how many times I wanted to just take it out.

      Delete
  4. Aww this makes me want an industrial. I always wanted one in high school. I went to get it done but the tattoo parlor charged a lot for it, so I got both ears pierced on my cartilage at a jewelry store. The plan was to save up my money and get another set of piercings on the cartilage, so I could have industrials on both sides. Sadly that never happened because my first cartilage piercings became grotesquely infected and I had to take them out! I still think about getting it done occasionally but I'm worried it would be the same crappy experience all over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's definitely one you want to pay good money for at a good place. I paid $80 plus a $20 tip (this was in 2004). And definitely get both holes done at once with the bar...I've seen people try to pierce them separately and then match them, and I've never seen it work for anyone. I should probably do a post on this, lol

      Delete
  5. I love especially moon and key one (I have a thing for beautiful keys). I like industrials one others. Wouldn't get it myself, but I don't have a right ear shape for it anyway...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they've got vertical and other industrial options if you ever change your mind! Yeah, though, it isn't for everyone.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous earrings! I especially love that big one in the second last photo, with the white oriental-ish ornament. Where did you get it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice finds! love the one with the moon and that key reminds me of sailor moon o_O <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the accessories in the top set. But I can't look at most of these without thinking, "Ow, ow, ow, ow..." :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. NEAT! I have an industrial piercing on one of my ears, I have a plain black bar with tiny spikes on either end. I have never been able to find anything that interesting for it.

    ReplyDelete